(Redirected from Cannibots)
Cannibots, or Canni's for short, are bots that attack everything, including their own population.
- The Cannibot population attacks everything but the Cannibot's source population does not attack the Cannibot population.
- Cannibots attack everything, including their own children.
- It is hard to determine if a target is the same population as itself.
- Cannibots wipe out their source population(s) without leaving any descendants.
- Cannibots use a lot of the ecosystems energy to battle each other instead of using it for more complex behavior evolving.
- More individual food supply.
- Higher evolutionary pressure speeds up evolution.
- A population raised out of a newly discovered food source can survive for some time on cost of its weaker individuals after the food source runs out.
Ways to avoid Cannibot extinctions:
- Make offspring smaller since a weaker offspring is unlikely to kill the parent...
- by decreasing birth .nrg
- by decreasing the value stored in .repro
- Genes that allow a bot to fight or flight if attacked are guaranteed to help.
- Let the Cannibot child run and hide...
- by rotating parent and child after reproduction.
- by making a bot move more until it reaches a given age.
- ".refage 20 >" don't attack children.
- ".robage 50 >" don't attack as a child.
- Make bots that act as a social group, feeding and guarding each other and hunting together.(Although that defeats the purpose of a cannibot).
- Tie feeder