- URL: darwinbots.com
- Port: 6667
- Channel: #db - General Darwinbots Chat
- Channel: #dev - For discussion on the development of Darwinbots (Programmers)
How to Connect?
There are a few choices on how to connect to the IRC channel. The fastest and easiest way is to use the online Mibbit client. Another option is to use a desktop client such as mIRC.
Mibbit is an online IRC client. To use it, just follow this link. All you have to do is type in the nickname you want and press connect.
There are thousands of guides on how to install mIRC around the web, I will just assume you have it installed.
- Start mIRC
- Open up the "Select Server..." dialog (File->Select Server), this may already be open after you start mIRC.
- Press Add
- Fill in the boxes: darwinbots.com is your IRC Server, and the port is 6667. Leave group and password blank.
- Press Add, then Ok.
- Now all you have to do is connect. (File->Connect)
Other IRC Clients
These should be roughly the same as mIRC. Just make sure you have "darwinbots.com" as your server and 6667 as your port.
Basic IRC Commands
- /join #channel - joins a channel, for us they are #db and #dev
- /msg <username> message - Sends a private message to <username>